MOM AND DAUGHTER EXECUTED IN CACADU
Fezeka Eunice Mnxulwa (43), Asithandile Matywatywa (16) and Lindokuhle Mnxulwa (11), were shot dead last Tuesday night.
The three had been executed by being shot in the back of their heads.
This cold brutality has stunned the residents of Zingqolweni in Cacadu, a village already notorious after a series of killings.
This horrifying discovery was made by Nowekhawulezi Mahlombe, 79.
“The bodies were close to each other, lying face down,” Mahlombe, Mnxulwa’s mother-in-law, said. Fezeka’s grandson, Asithandile, was sitting dazed on top of his mother.
“He wasn’t crying, but he appeared exhausted, hungry, and dehydrated.” He sobbed the entire night. It was extremely traumatic.”
Mnxulwa and her children had just arrived in Zingqolweni from the Western Cape where she owned a spaza and a tavern.
Mnxulwa arrived on June 27 for a celebration, according to Mahlombe, as her son Mava Mnxulwa, 18, was to undergo his traditional initiation rite in the village.
Mnxulwa was murdered just four days before her son was to graduate from initiation school. She had planned Umgidi – a grand traditional initiation homecoming ceremony – to welcome him home.
“The boy was supposed to finish initiation school on Friday, and we have umgidi on Saturday,” Mahlombe explained.
Other villagers were wary of speaking to the media.
The premier was taken aback. Oscar Mabuyane, speaking in Ngcobo’s Quthubeni village, lashed out at the slaughter.
“Police must work around the clock to find these gunmen who can slaughter a mother and her daughters in front of a small child,” he said.
Lieutenant-General Nomthetheleli Mene, the provincial police commissioner, has ordered the activation of a 72-hour mobilization plan to track down, apprehend, and apprehend the killers of three people.
FATHER AND CHILDREN DIE IN HOUSE FIRE
An Eastern Cape father, 40, and his two children, died in a house fire on Friday morning.
Police Captain Ursula Roelofse said Maletswai Police were alerted to the fire in the early hours of the morning.
“At this stage the cause of the fire is unknown and all specialised units have been summoned.
The police have opened an inquest docket,” said Roelofse.
Zululand Mayor’s Security under threat.
Mayor of Zululand District, Thulasizwe Buthelezi’s bodyguard was shot during a coronation committee meeting in Mayville on Thursday.
Buthelezi is a member of the coronation committee, which is assisting the Zulu royal family in preparing for King Misuzulu’s coronation next month.
Following President Cyril Ramaphosa’s formal recognition of Prince Misuzulu as the new Zulu monarch in March, the Zulu nation’s traditional prime minister, Prince Mangosuthu Buthelezi, announced that the coronation will be handled by a committee.
Developing story .
CALLS FOR RAMAPHOSA TO OUST CELE
Well over 4,000 people have signed a petition calling on President Cyril Ramaphosa to fire Police Minister Bheki Cele.
Cele must resign, according to the official opposing party, because the police force is led by a “failing minister” who is also failing the country.
“Every day, 67 people are murdered, 153 are raped, and 364 violent robberies take place.” The attempted insurgency in July 2021 cost SA hundreds of lives and R50 billion, while the police did nothing to prevent it. “Our country is facing a safety crisis that can only be solved by major changes in the police force,” said the DA.
ANC JESSIE DUARTE HAS PASSED ON
Yasmin “Jessie” Duarte, ANC deputy secretary general and veteran anti-apartheid activist, died in the early hours of Sunday morning after a long battle with cancer.
Duarte (68), a political activist since her adolescence, was forced to leave her party work late last November due to the severity of her illness and was on medical leave at the time.
Duarte was a long-time political activist and former politician and diplomat who rose to the top of the ruling party’s leadership in 2012.
Zane Dangor, a family representative, confirmed Duarte’s death early Sunday, saying she had fought bravely against the disease, to which she had finally succumbed.
She was laid to rest on Sunday, July 17, 2022.
Duarte took over as secretary general after Ace Magashule was arrested on charges of corruption and forced to resign.
Duarte had allegedly death threats after taking over as secretary general of ANC.
Duarte announced last year that she would step down following the party’s next national conference, which will be held in Johannesburg in December.
According to ANC spokesperson Pule Mabe, Duarte was a “pillar of strength” to both the party and her family, and had dedicated her life to the fight for equality in South Africa and across the continent.
“She spent her entire life fighting for a united, non-racial, non-sexist, democratic, prosperous, and just South Africa.” She was a dedicated gender activist who tirelessly advocated for women’s emancipation and empowerment.”
According to Cosatu spokesperson Sizwe Pamla, Duarte despised racism, sexism, and tribalism and was not afraid to call out her own comrades for any such tendencies or behavior.
Cosatu spokesperson Sizwe Pamla said Duarte had despised racism, sexism and tribalism and had not been shy to call out her own comrades over any such tendencies or behaviour.
“She was not afraid to say exactly how she felt on an issue,” Pamla said.
Russia pledges to expand operations as rockets rain down on Ukraine.
Russia said on Saturday that it would increase military operations in Ukraine in “all operational areas,” as Moscow’s rockets and missiles pounded cities, killing dozens, according to Kyiv.
Rockets hit the northeastern town of Chuhuiv in Kharkiv region overnight, killing three people and injuring three others, according to regional governor Oleh Synehubov.
“Three people were killed; why? For what purpose? Because Putin went insane?” Raisa Shapoval, 83, a distraught resident sitting in the ruins of her home, asked.
To the south, more than 50 Russian Grad rockets pounded the Dnipro River city of Nikopol, killing two people found in the rubble, according to the region’s governor, Valentyn Reznichenko.
Joe Biden says Saudi Crown Prince is responsible for the death of a journalist.
US President, Joe Biden says he told Saudi crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman that he held him responsible for the murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi in 2018, during his session with him.
Saudi Arabia’s top leaders say the Crown Prince, abbreviated as MBS, has denied any involvement.
President Joe Biden and Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman’s fist bump has been widely condemned. Especially since Biden previously stated that the Kingdom should be treated as a pariah on the global stage in the aftermath of Khashoggi’s murder.
Article by Siyakholwa Vuso